Product Description & Reviews
Also known as Common Olive or European Olive. This unique tree produces the edible olive that is also used to make olive oil. To encourage fruiting, keep at 35F for several weeks during winter. Produces flowers on second year's branch growth. Transplants best in summer. Tolerates poor soil, heat, drought and loves the sun. Excellent for indoors.Native to the dry areas of Southwest Africa. In their natural environment, they spread their tendrils and root to the ground to form dense bushels, which can grow up to three feet long..
Features & Highlights
- Native to the dry areas of Southwest Africa. In their natural environment, they spread their tendrils and root to the ground to form dense bushels, which can grow up to three feet long.
- Hardy in zones 8 - 11. This little succulent is not frost tolerant. They love full sun to partial shade, but at least six hours of direct sunlight a day is necessary for healthy growth.
- Their leaves are fleshy and round, resembling a string of beads, which helps them to retain water. It's the perfect adaptation for an arid environment. They can stand for no water for weeks, just like a cactus.
- They produce white flowers, but only under particular conditions. Most people don't find them too showy compared to other flowering plants, but they have their own special kind of beauty.
- Our plants are non GMO. No genetically enhanced species, all natural. Homegrown by 9Greenbox. Will arrive in a four inch plastic pot.
|Item Weight:||0.13 pounds|
|Item Size:||4 x 4 x 4 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.81 pounds|
|Package Size:||4 x 4 x 4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.