Product Description & Reviews
This soil penetrometer is used to test the compaction levels of the soil. It has a detailed color coded gauge that lets you see the resistance of your soil based on how much pressure is needed to break through the soil. This unit features a dual gauge and 2 penetrometer tips so you can measure either 0-500 psi with the 3/4" tip or 0-1000 psi with the 1/2" tip. Soil resistance should be less than 200 but definitely not more than 400 psi.
The ideal resistance of your top soil should be less than 200psi. Hard, compacted soil and hardpan which can be a very expensive problem for the farmer in the following ways:
* Water standing in fields delays planting.
* Delayed planting is a delayed harvest.
* May Stunt root growth to Reduces yields.
* Increases fuel costs from trying to break up hard soils.
* Adds stress on equipment.
* Poor seed germination.
* Poor root growth.
* Less air getting to the roots.
An operator pushes a rod with attached (ASAE standard) cone into the ground .Features a stainless steel rod with depth marks of 3,6,9,12,15 and 18inches. Analog gauge reacts to pressure applied to cone while penetrating soil.
If you are able to diagnose that you have a compacted soils problem using a penetrometer, then you can take measures to fix the problem by loosening and aerating your soil which will lead to.
* Easier tillage.
* Quicker seed emergence.
* Allows more air to get to the roots.
* Improved root growth (by breaking up compaction).
* Reduction in erosion.
* More uniform stands.
* Increased microbial activity, essential in providing healthy soils.
* Detoxifying soil for improved plant health.
* Improved water movement for reduced fungus problems.
* Less wear on equipment.
* Save on fuel.
* A more mellow loose soil.
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel Penetrometer. Measures compaction as a function of the soils resistance.
- Measure either 0-500 psi with the 3/4" tip or 0-1000 psi with the 1/2" tip.
- Features depth marks at depth marks of 3,6,9,12,15 and 18inches intervals to see where hardpan starts
- Soil compaction is very expensive, diagnosing is first step to fixing the problem.
- This penetrometer is one of the most useful tools for judging soil quality.
|Manufacturer:||Agriculture Solutions LLC|
|Publisher:||Agriculture Solutions LLC|
|Studio:||Agriculture Solutions LLC|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.